Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Column about Steve Jobs

"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

—Steve Jobs, in a 2005 speech 

This is the quote that I have to write about this week It is a quote of Steve Jobs the creator of Apple. I think this is great advice, said by a great man. I agree that up to a certain extent , people treat every day like it is the last day on earth People should live life to the fullest and. If every body on Earth lived like Steve did we would have some pretty amazing stuff and culture. 

Steve made many technological advances in this world and imagine if every body had a new technological advance, we would be the most successful creative people alive. Steve the former CEO and co-founder of Apple had lived a very successful and important life. If we had not have had Steve, we might not have iPods, iPads, and iTouches. I think if every body was like Steve jobs and lived to their full potential every body would be intelligent, athletic, creative and  more accepting of all people. If people thought and acted like this it would be a easier place to live and this world would have less conflict and more celebrations over the good, kind, happy things in life. Steve started a era of development and new inventions that really changed the world for better or for worse.


This is some background information that I have written on Steve, his life story in a few hundred words, not every thing but a small summary. He has done many great and inventive things that no one could take away from the master of the Apple company. He has made billions upon billions of dollars for his company and he has donated a lot to charity before the end. I have to say REST IN PEACE STEVE JOBS!!!!!!!!

Background Info on Steve jobs:
Steve Jobs co-founded Apple in 1986 with two other people. He later got resigned and started a newer company. That company that Steve had started was later bought out by Apple. Steve was the returned to Apple where he became the CEO of Apple once his new company was bought. Steve had made almost every thing that Apple has to offer including the Mac book, iPod, iPhone, and the i Pad. Steve has brought joy to many people in the world.
"Jobs was a demanding perfectionist who always aspired to position his businesses and their products at the forefront of the information technology industry by foreseeing and setting trends, at least in innovation and style."
 Steve was a very good leader who lead his company through tough economical times, (even though Apple did not have it that tough making more money than the United States of America).
"Jobs is listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in 338 US patents or patent applications related to a range of technologies from actual computer and portable devices to user interfaces (including touch-based), speakers, keyboards, power adapters, staircases, clasps, sleeves, lanyards and packages."
 Steve Jobs was the lead inventor for Apple so he was a CEO and a key manufacturer of the product of the Apple company.

No comments:

Post a Comment